1. The next Los Padres Ski Club general meeting is on Thursday, Feb 6 at 7:30 pm. It is snowing in Mammoth and we will be having signups for exciting trips for the rest of the season. So bring your checkbook and reserve a spot now!
2. My wife, our club treasurer retired on January 30th, and I plan to follow in her remarkable footsteps within the next year. That means also that I am still retiring as club President this spring so think about being the President of the oldest Ski Club in Southern California. LPSC is a super group and there is always someone who will help plan and run events. As President, you get to help guide the way and lead the Board – a great and fun experience! I will be around to mentor the new President, as well as Miguel and others, so there is no downside!
3. As always, please bring a snack to share.
1. A reminder that at the next Los Padres Ski Club general meeting on December 5, we will have an holiday gift exchange. If you wish to participate, please bring a gift valued at about $15.00 – NO white elephants please. The gift exchange is always lots of fun.
2. We are looking for a new Vice President/ President-in-training. Brian McKenna has taken a job as a host at Mammoth and will be missing meetings, though he will still enjoy participating as a member in the club. Also, I will be retiring from work in the next year and will not be running for re-election as President. Kappy and I plan to travel extensively for a while making it inappropriate for me to be President. I will be glad to mentor a new President will continue to help out the club. Being Vice President/President is actually pretty easy and lots of fun! LPSC is a super group and there is always someone who will help plan and run events. As President, you get to help guide the way and lead the Board – a great experience!
As we slip into winter, please join us for the General Meeting an hour later, 7:30 pm, on Thursday, November 7, at the Pierpont Bay Yacht Club. Feel free to bring a snack to share.
I want to thank all the folks that made this year’s Progressive Dinner special:
Maggie for coordinating, important bus reservations, and helping
Kristin for signups, coordinating, shopping and much more
Brian and Tom for shopping and helping to set up
Our 4 hosts deserve a very special thanks, as it takes quite a bit of prep to get your house ready for 40 friends and then to clean-up later:
- Evonne, your house is always beautiful and a great way to start and end the evening
- Linda, we actually got to your house in time for sunset, and it was gorgeous. The salad was tasty, too!
- Stephanie, your new kitchen is great and the patio setting area was very nice. Several folks loved the soup!
- Sylvia, the dinner was fantastic. The chicken was moist and the beef was great. We loved having everyone a 2 tables so close together.
BTW, Mammoth opens soon and they are making snow. They have already had 12″ fresh stuff. So bring your checkbooks and be ready to sign up for trips!
Join CCSC for a trip to Utah! This trip will visit Park City, The Canyons and Deer Valley between the dates February 1st and February 8th 2014. See the flyer for details.
Check out the flyer for the Far West Ski Association’s trip to Beaver Creek, Colorado. The trip is from Jan 25th through Feb 1st, 2014.
A reminder that we have our general meeting 6:30pm Thursday, Sept 5th at the Pierpont Bay Yacht Club. Miguel is back from his travels and will be on the BBQ. Bring an appetizer, side dish or dessert to share!
L. A. Ski Show and Snowboard Expo
December 5, 6, 7, & 8, 2013
L. A. Convention Center
Raffle tickets are now on sale for a drawing at the Snow Gala. The grand prize is a top-selling wi-fi computer tablet worth about $600. Tickets are $1.00 or $10.00 for a book of 11 tickets. 50% of the selling price of the tickets goes back to our club.
It will be on November 9, at 11:00 am at Taix French Restaurant, 1911 Sunset Blvd, L. A. CA, 90026. Admission is $45.00, if ticket purchased before October 9.
See the attached flyer
Park City, the Canyons and Deer Valley, Feb 1-8, with Century City Ski Club
See the attached flyer