1. A reminder that at the next Los Padres Ski Club general meeting on December 5, we will have an holiday gift exchange. If you wish to participate, please bring a gift valued at about $15.00 – NO white elephants please. The gift exchange is always lots of fun.
2. We are looking for a new Vice President/ President-in-training. Brian McKenna has taken a job as a host at Mammoth and will be missing meetings, though he will still enjoy participating as a member in the club. Also, I will be retiring from work in the next year and will not be running for re-election as President. Kappy and I plan to travel extensively for a while making it inappropriate for me to be President. I will be glad to mentor a new President will continue to help out the club. Being Vice President/President is actually pretty easy and lots of fun! LPSC is a super group and there is always someone who will help plan and run events. As President, you get to help guide the way and lead the Board – a great experience!
As we slip into winter, please join us for the General Meeting an hour later, 7:30 pm, on Thursday, November 7, at the Pierpont Bay Yacht Club. Feel free to bring a snack to share.
I want to thank all the folks that made this year’s Progressive Dinner special:
Maggie for coordinating, important bus reservations, and helping
Kristin for signups, coordinating, shopping and much more
Brian and Tom for shopping and helping to set up
Our 4 hosts deserve a very special thanks, as it takes quite a bit of prep to get your house ready for 40 friends and then to clean-up later:
– Evonne, your house is always beautiful and a great way to start and end the evening
– Linda, we actually got to your house in time for sunset, and it was gorgeous. The salad was tasty, too!
– Stephanie, your new kitchen is great and the patio setting area was very nice. Several folks loved the soup!
– Sylvia, the dinner was fantastic. The chicken was moist and the beef was great. We loved having everyone a 2 tables so close together.
BTW, Mammoth opens soon and they are making snow. They have already had 12″ fresh stuff. So bring your checkbooks and be ready to sign up for trips!