Our next General meeting of the Los Padres Ski Club is at our summertime hours of 6:30pm on Thursday April 3rd. Please bring a side dish or dessert to share and the club will BBQ burgers and Chicken. Yum!
This meeting also our annual nomination meeting and we are looking for candidates for:
Winter Trip Coordinator
I know for a fact that I will be stepping down as President, Brian will be stepping down as Vice President due to host commitments at Mammoth, Kappy will be stepping down as membership to join her retiring husband on long trips. We also need a new web master. This is a fantastic club and I look forward to mentoring the new President. Please be advised that not attending the meeting will subject you to being drafted into a board position – I know as that happened to me!
So come, sign up for our April Ski Trip (yes, it is snowing in Mammoth right now!). We always have lots of fun!
1. The next Los Padres Ski Club general meeting is on Thursday, Feb 6 at 7:30 pm. It is snowing in Mammoth and we will be having signups for exciting trips for the rest of the season. So bring your checkbook and reserve a spot now!
2. My wife, our club treasurer retired on January 30th, and I plan to follow in her remarkable footsteps within the next year. That means also that I am still retiring as club President this spring so think about being the President of the oldest Ski Club in Southern California. LPSC is a super group and there is always someone who will help plan and run events. As President, you get to help guide the way and lead the Board – a great and fun experience! I will be around to mentor the new President, as well as Miguel and others, so there is no downside!
3. As always, please bring a snack to share.
1. A reminder that at the next Los Padres Ski Club general meeting on December 5, we will have an holiday gift exchange. If you wish to participate, please bring a gift valued at about $15.00 – NO white elephants please. The gift exchange is always lots of fun.
2. We are looking for a new Vice President/ President-in-training. Brian McKenna has taken a job as a host at Mammoth and will be missing meetings, though he will still enjoy participating as a member in the club. Also, I will be retiring from work in the next year and will not be running for re-election as President. Kappy and I plan to travel extensively for a while making it inappropriate for me to be President. I will be glad to mentor a new President will continue to help out the club. Being Vice President/President is actually pretty easy and lots of fun! LPSC is a super group and there is always someone who will help plan and run events. As President, you get to help guide the way and lead the Board – a great experience!
As we slip into winter, please join us for the General Meeting an hour later, 7:30 pm, on Thursday, November 7, at the Pierpont Bay Yacht Club. Feel free to bring a snack to share.
I want to thank all the folks that made this year’s Progressive Dinner special:
Maggie for coordinating, important bus reservations, and helping
Kristin for signups, coordinating, shopping and much more
Brian and Tom for shopping and helping to set up
Our 4 hosts deserve a very special thanks, as it takes quite a bit of prep to get your house ready for 40 friends and then to clean-up later:
– Evonne, your house is always beautiful and a great way to start and end the evening
– Linda, we actually got to your house in time for sunset, and it was gorgeous. The salad was tasty, too!
– Stephanie, your new kitchen is great and the patio setting area was very nice. Several folks loved the soup!
– Sylvia, the dinner was fantastic. The chicken was moist and the beef was great. We loved having everyone a 2 tables so close together.
BTW, Mammoth opens soon and they are making snow. They have already had 12″ fresh stuff. So bring your checkbooks and be ready to sign up for trips!
A reminder that we have our general meeting 6:30pm Thursday, Sept 5th at the Pierpont Bay Yacht Club. Miguel is back from his travels and will be on the BBQ. Bring an appetizer, side dish or dessert to share!
August General Meeting – FRIDAY August 2 at the Santa Paula Auto Show. The show starts about about 530 pm, at Ebell Park, corner of Main and 7th, Santa Paula. We will be doing our monthly BBQ of burgers and chicken and also walking through the Car Show. Bring a side dish, appetizer, or dessert to share, and also BYOB. And if you have a classic car, bring in too!
The July General Meeting has been postponed to July 11th @ 6:30PM.
Please join us for our general meeting on Thursday, June 6, 6:30pm at the Pierpont Bay Yacht Club in the Ventura Harbor. Billy will be manning the grill and please bring a dish to share!
This Thursday we start our summer BBQ general meeting schedule at 6:30PM, May 2, at the Pierpont Bay Yacht Club in Ventura Harbor. Club will provide burgers and chicken and we ask you to bring a Cinco de Mayo theme side dish, or just any side dish or dessert to share.
The summer meetings are lots of fun, hanging out on the balcony overlooking the harbor and enjoying the cooking of our famous chiefs, Miguel and Billy.
Our General meeting is Thursday, April 4, 7:30 pm at the Pierpont Bay Yacht Club at the Ventura Harbor. This is an exciting meeting as we will be taking nominations for the board of directors, including President, Vice President Secretary, Treasurer, Membership, Social, Long Trips and Short Trips. Being on the Board is fun and it gives you a chance to help steer the club in new and exciting adventures. No qualifications are necessary, just a desire to help out and make sure everyone is having fun.
As I have been President for sometime, now, I have no problems with some else taking this leadership role and allow me to instead be want of the supporting positions. Change is good!
So bring a snack to share and come enjoy the meeting.